At present, the Czech Footwear and Leather Association (CFLA) comprises approximately 50 companies and institutions concerned with manufacture, sale as well as research and testing of footwear, shoe materials and components in the territory of the Czech Republic.
The Czech Footwear and Leather Association was created as a voluntary group. Therefore, it defends its members’ interests, secures their co-ordinated and unified course of action and acts as a main guarantor of the Czech Republic shoe and leather industries in negotiations with authorities. At present, the Czech Footwear and Leather Association is also an information centre for businessmen in the leather industry within the project of the Czech Republic’s Economic Chamber.
The main range of services provided by the Association to member companies is as follows:
- organization of common attendance of exhibitions and fairs held in the Czech Republic as well as abroad under more favourable conditions;
- assistance in establishing business contacts with companies abroad (through Chambers of Commerce, footwear associations in the neighbouring countries, etc);
- arrangement of business contacts in the Czech Republic;
- provision of information from the database of manufacturers and sellers of footwear, leather fancy goods and related products;
- free advertising in the Catalogue of the Leather Industry Companies
- free advertising in the INFORMACˇ NÍ BULLETIN (Information Bulletin) issued by the Czech Footwear Association;
- publication of CFA-member catalogue both in the Czech and foreign languages;
- free distribution of the above catalogue in the Czech Republic and abroad;
- solving various shoe manufacturing problems in co-operation with Technical University Faculty of Technology, Institute for Testing and Certification (ITC) and other professional workplaces;
- organization of technical lectures and courses;
- other services as required by members of the Czech Footwear and Leather Association.